You might not know it, but there is a season for asphalt paving and also sealcoating. And the summertime is it!
Here’s why we prefer sealcoating our paving jobs in the summer time.
Firstly, here’s a few reminders about asphalt sealcoating.
- Asphalt sealcoating protects your parking lot or driveway from the detrimental effects of the sun and its UV rays.
- Asphalt sealcoating makes your paving lot, driveway or pavement easier to paint line stripes on.
- Asphalt sealcoating will make your pavement live longer.
- Asphalt sealcoating should be done within one year of your driveway or paving being laid.
- Asphalt sealcoating should be maintained every two or three years after the initial sealcoating.
And here’s why you should do it in the summertime!
The weather is on your side: Well, at least you hope it will be. Generally, here in Tennessee our summers are warm and so should be the best time to apply a sealcoat, as the sun’s rays will cure it nicely.
- The nights are warm too: It’s not only the daytime temperatures which persuades our team to sealcoat driveways in the sunshine. It is also warmer at nights. Even though the fall and spring may be warm enough in the days, come the nights and the temperatures can dip a little. In the summer we are likely to see fewer variables in the temperature, which really helps the sealcoat dry properly.
- The days are longer: In the summer our contractors can really take advantage of all those extra hours of daylight. This means being able to cover a greater distance and more miles of paving in the summer, than later on in the season. This makes it a lot easier for our clients, because their job can be done in a day sometimes!
- It’s cheaper for you: Because we can get more done in a day, it makes it cheaper all round. We can do more jobs in a single day, which means we aren’t necessarily only coming out to just one client each time. This has a knock-on effect on the cost, because we can share out the expenses between our clients.
- We can be there faster: After September, we will become a lot busier. This means it will be harder to book a crew to come and sealcoat your driveway later on in the season. By getting the job done in the summertime you can get it done double quick – and have more control over when it happens.
- Ultimately, you save money as we pass our savings onto the customer!
There are a million reasons to get your asphalt paving seal coated in summer – talk to our team to find out more about our summer sealcoat service!